If you keep receiving ads for IstDownload.net whenever you start Internet browsers including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and more, your computer is infected with this adware. Those perilous pop-ups such as coupons, ads, revenues, or pop-under are misleading, which aims at tricking online computer users into being trapped. IstDownload.net pop-up tries to scare users into downloading those established unwanted programs, as doing so can the virus upload malicious payloads to give rise to a total system failure on the compromised computer.
Furthermore, the main goal for IstDownload.net pop-up virus is to cheat money with attractive pop-ups and stealing confidential data by tracking online activities. The IstDownload.net pop-up declares it is able to upgrade PC performance and secure computer with fast and safe scanning. The nasty trick exploited by such malware is it allows online computer users downloading it with free. Once downloading finishes, the IstDownload.net virus and its related malware would be engaged in corrupting the target computer and make quite a few troubles to interfere with users’ online experience. Refer to the virus similar to the IstDownload.net.
Note: It is highly recommended of you removing IstDownload.net pop-up virus as quick as possible. If you need professional experts’ help, you can Live Chat with QiSupport Online Agent now.
1. Click Start menu and lick on the control panel option.
2. Access to the Control Panel window, you will be presented with one of 2 different screens according to the version of Windows.
3. Next it may take one minute to fully populate all programs you have installed. Locate at the target program related with IstDownload.net. Next right click on it and select Remove or Uninstall on its right side.
4. Most software will ask you if you are sure you want to remove it. Please click the next button as the set-up wizard. Next click the Uninstall button. Click Finish button after the removal complete.
Uninstall option. You then just need finish the removal process as the pop-up wizard.
From this step you need check and repair hosts files. For Windows operating system (Window XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8), go to C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\.
1. Backup the hosts files first. Locate at the Hosts file, it is a file named “Hosts” with no extension. You can see the reference screenshot.
2. Right-click on it and select Copy. Now, right-click in the clear space to the right of the Hosts file and select paste.
3. Double click the hosts file and open it in a text editor. As seen below screenshot.
4. Delete additional lines and save the hosts file.
5. Check the proxy settings. Start the Internet Explorer, click on separately click Tools, Internet options, and then Connections. Click on LAN settings to open the LAN settings menu, ensure to uncheck the use a proxy server as your LAN.
5. In order to easily and exactly find the target files about IstDownload.net you may show hidden files first.
Click Start button. Go to Control Panel
Double click on Files and Folder Option
Select View tab. Check “Show hidden files, folders and drives.”
Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
Click Ok to apply all changes.
6. Delete IstDownload.net files from Local Disk. Click on Start button and open My Computer/Computer, and then open local disk, find the below files and delete them.
7. Delete the virus registry entries. Press Windows + R keys to reveal Run box and type regedit in Run window, click ok to open Registry Editor. In Registry Editor window, and delete related registry entries.
1. From Internet Explorer main menu, click: “Tools” and choose “Internet Options”.
2. At “General” tab, delete the redirect homepage IstDownload.net from “Home page” box. Also you can type your preferred homepage there.
3. On the same page, you need locate to the search section and click Settings. Next you will be at the below page. On “Search Providers” options, choose and “Set as default” a search provider. Then choose IstDownload.net and remove it.
4. Select “Toolbars and Extensions” on the left pane and then select and Disable all unwanted toolbars or extensions related with IstDownload.net found there.
1. Access to the man page of Google Chrome. Open Chrome menu and select Settings.
2. Find the “On startup” section and choose “Set Pages”. Delete the IstDownload.net from startup pages by pressing the “X” symbol on the right. Set your preferred startup page and press “OK”.
3. Locate at the “Appearance” section, check to enable the “Show Home button” option and choose “Change”.
4. Delete the IstDownload.net entry from “Open this page” box. Type your preferred webpage to open when you press your “Home page” button or leave this field blank and press “OK”. You then go to “Search” section and choose “Manage search engines”. Choose your preferred default search engine and press “Make default”. You then need choose the IstDownload.net search engine and remove it by pressing the “X” symbol at the right.
5. Select “Extensions” on the left. Next you need remove any unwanted extension found there (e.g. IstDownload.net Toolbar”) or other unknown toolbar related with IstDownload.net pop-up virus by clicking the recycle icon at the right. Then reboot Google Chrome to effect all changes.
1. Click on “Firefox” menu button on the top left of Firefox window and go “Options”. In “General” tab delete the unwanted homepage from “Home Page” box and type your preferred homepage. Press “OK” when it finishes.
2. From Firefox menu, go to “Tools” > “Manage Add-ons”.
3. Next select “Extensions” on the left and then remove any unwanted extension related with IstDownload.net from there by pressing the “Remove” button. Then close the Firefox Options.
4. On Firefox URL box type the following command: about:config and then press Enter.
5. From the next pop-up page, click at “I’ll be careful, I promise” button.
6. In the search box type: “yac” & press Enter. You then will get the string of http:// istdownload.net/. Now right-click on every “http:// istdownload.net/” value found and select “Reset”. When it finishes, reboot the Firefox.
The fact is the IstDownload.net developed to be a fake proram hardly shows its exaggerating useful functions but maximum the system vulnerabilities instead. Once let the IstDownload.net virus take over the infected computer completely, you would have to face a series of troubles. For instance, slowdown, freeze up, times out, even more the total system failure possibly happen. In addition, when you enter search URLs in address bar or input keywords in search bar, all search results just turn to the IstDownload.net redirect site. You can’t pass it.
Tips: If you still need more help to remove the IstDownload.net, you can ask for professional help with QiSupport Online Service