If your computer appears some of the following problems, according to Qisupport Security Team you may consider if your browser and Internet suffer from Search.strtpoint.com hijacking.
These typical symptoms are all attributed to a kind of Internet threat called hijacking. Hijacking, also called and recognized as browser hijacker, web page hijacking, DNS hijacking or redirect virus, is not a technical virus but a kind of Internet malware which is designed by cyber crooks and group who want to make profits as well as earn money from it. Though Search.strtpoint.com hijack is not as malicious as Trojan, virus or worm, it is able to damage both of your computer and browser and then takes a series of trouble.
Some victims may have notice the unwanted modification Search.strtpoint.com hijacker has done to your browser and computer including the home page and search engine modification, unlike redirection, unwanted extensions and plug-ins installation, a different bookmark and favorite websites menu and tabs, and plenty of pop-ups and advertisements. However, Search.strtpoint.com browser hijack may do more harm than this. With the aid of the malicious kits and hack technology, Search.strtpoint.com browser hijacker is able to access to the target browser and Internet setting system. Once it implants the malicious code in system and installs those potential unwanted programs, most of which are adware and spyware, available system space will be occupied by the rubbish files, and the bundled programs will lead to spyware, malware, virus infection. The dangerous tracing cookies and risky browser helper objects associated with Search.strtpoint.com can collect users’ data such as identity information, passwords, browsing history, shopping record, search query to analysis users’ habit then offer it to third party, so that they can give according local service and ads pop-up when users surfing Internet. Gradually, victim computer may face to slow running speed and slow Internet connection. What’s severer, Search.strtpoint.com hijack can block access to related security sites like Kaspersky, Microsoft and others to prevent from detecting and removing. Since the suffered Internet safety has been broken and the defense is under vulnerable condition, the infected computer is risky to be hacked and faced poor running performance like program conflicts and more errors.
Note: It is not a simple job to remove Search.strtpoint.com completely and thoroughly, please follow the steps below to get an entire manual cleanup of Search.strtpoint.com. And if you can’t deal with it or encounter any problem in the removal process, feel free to chat with QiSupport 24/7 Online Experts for help.
1. Firstly, you need to quit from the current browser. Click on the X button on the showing window.
2. Hold “Alt” “Ctrl” plus “Del” three keys on the keyboard together to open Task Manage and choose Process tab. Select or highlight the running .exe process of your browser and the other process related to the running extension, plug-in and applications about Search.strtpoint.com. And then click OK to save the change. If this step isn’t effective to stop the hijacking, follow the instruction below.
Access to Control Panel and then choose Internet Options image. When the window opens, select Advanced tab. Move your mouse to hit “Reset” button. When it pops up a window ask if you want to reset all IE settings, check the term “delete personal settings” and click on Reset button of the current window.
Click on the gear icon or open the customized button of three strips at the top right of Chrome, and open the drop-down menu. And then, choose Settings option. In the showing window, move your mouse to the bottom and click on underlined “show advanced settings” in blue. In the next displaying window, click “Reset Browser Settings” button. Then it will pop up a window to ensure if you want to reset all settings, click “Reset” to agree.
Click on Firefox orange button to open the drop-down menu, and choose “Help” option. Then choose the term labeled “Troubleshooting Information”. In showing window, there is a shading part of “resetting Firefox to its default state” on the right, so you can click on “Reset Firefox” button. When it shows a pop-up window asking to ensure the action, click on “Reset Firefox” in showing window. Finally click on Finish button when it end the whole resetting.
1. Hold “Windows” plus “R” two keys on the keyboard together to open Run Command Box and then type “C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\” and click OK button to search for Hosts file. Or, you can access to Windows search blank and type in “hosts” to find Hosts file.
2. When the window show Host icon, right click on it and choose “open with notepad” option in the menu.
3. Then, it appears as note format. Find out the line of Search.strtpoint.com website, and delete the line.
4. After the above steps, open File tab of the window and choose Save option to end the change.
1. Access to the desktop or File Explorer, find out the icon of hijacked browser. Right click on the image and open a menu, and then choose Properties option.
2. In the showing window, select Shortcut tab and navigate “Target” line. If you find there is hijacker address, highlight the website address and right click on it. When it appears a menu, choose Delete option.
3. Next, select General tab and check the term “read-only”. Finally, click OK to save the change.
1. Access to Control Panel and click on the “Uninstall a program” in Program section.
2. Navigate the list of the programs and select suspicious programs like adware, search provider, plug-in related to Search.strtpoint.com or those installing in system without your permission. Click on Uninstall button.
3. A pop-up window appears asking if you want to uninstall the programs, just click Yes to agree the operation.
1. Access to Control Panel and find out Appearance and Personalization icon, then click on it and then choose Folder Options.
2. In displaying window, choose View tab and scroll down to check the term “show hidden files, folders and driver”. And then click OK to save change.
3. If you are Windows 8 user, you need to access to File/Windows Explorer. In showing window, choose File tab and check the term “show hidden items” and “file name extensions” as “show hidden file” operation. Click OK to save change.
4. Access to C:\ disk and navigate the malicious and infected files of Search.strtpoint.com hijacker. Check following reference to delete all related files and folders.
1. Hold “Windows” plus “R” two keys on the keyboard together to open Run Command Box, and then type “regedit” in the search blank and press Enter to access to Registry Editor operating window.
2. Unfold the HKEY in the left pane and navigate the subkeys related to Search.strtpoint.com hijacker and the values named random characters. Right click on them and choose “Delete” option in the menu.
3. Finally, empty Recycle Bin and reboot computer and browser to check if it works.
Tips: This step refer to the key part of system. One wrongly deleting operation may attribute to system termination or crash down, so we suggest you to back up the entries if you can’t ensure.
In many cases, innocent users have no idea how the nasty process enters their browser and computer. The truth is that most of hijacker infection like Search.strtpoint.com is due to users’ drive-by-download, which means that Search.strtpoint.com can get into target computer without permission and notification. Search.strtpoint.com browser hijacker process may be embedded into potential unwanted programs from third party such as adware that users download free from program website or undetected shareware from unsafe and suspected forum. Search.strtpoint.com browser hijacker can be hidden in the entry files and launched when the certain program is installed. Besides, it can takes advantage of browser helper object which is a legal interactive interface where programmers can use code to access and add buttons. As a part of browser, browser helper object can be utilized by cyber criminals to take to their contemptible activities. In addition, Search.strtpoint.com browser hijacker can be distributed by hook. Hook is programmed as DLL file that it is capable to block the message of solicitation to a desirable site and achieve redirection. Beyond that, the cyber criminals may use Windows Socket Layer Service Provider associated with SPI to get user’s transmitting data no matter you are using Firefox or IE. After successfully entering computer, Search.strtpoint.com browser hijacker will create its code, reside in related folders and temper with entries. Despite that Windows system is more likely to be the target of hijacking, Safari browser is possible to get it according the global cases.
Having mentioned the infiltration of Search.strtpoint.com browser hijacker, we have some tips for you to prevent for the malware. You have known that Search.strtpoint.com browser hijacker can enter browser and computer by drive-by-download, which means that any suspicious program installation from third party can lead to Search.strtpoint.com hijacker attack, so it is important to develop a good and discreet browsing habit. Keep an eye on the pop-ups displaying banners or with attracting information like reward and coupons, or the recommendation of a certain plug-in and program from third party. Never get the illegal copyright software or applications, and don’t click any unknown-source link or doubted websites. Users had better install reliable and reputable antivirus program and set up safety conscious. When you try to install an application, it is important to read the terms and policy carefully and pay attention to the installation options.
Nowadays, browser hijacker has becoming an obligatory cyber threat to Internet security, so users need to know more about it and take related action to prevent from in daily web surfing. Search.strtpoint.com browser hijacker can be propagated in a sneak way and get into computer without users’ consent. However, it is not easy the unfamiliar users to get a complete and entire removal off the cunning Search.strtpoint.com browser hijacker. Nevertheless, there is method can deal with this Search.strtpoint.com and user should not give in and worry about. Please follow the manual removal instruction from QiSupport 24/7 Online Experts, or feel free to chat with our technicians to get personal tech assistance. You should know that Search.strtpoint.com browser hijacker is able to slowdown your connection and surfing speed, cause wanted traffic and redirection, modify default settings even steal your online information and lead to other spyware, virus, Trojan infection. Due to dangers of Search.strtpoint.com hijacker, it is advisable to get rid of it as soon as possible.